Sunday, January 12, 2014

Barber Holidays

I know this is a little overdue, although I do have an excuse...we left the day after Christmas to come to LA for a three week therapy session:-)  A lot has happened since the Holidays...whew.

I would like to share these photos, but don't have a ton of time to write, so I will make this short.


A few days before Christmas, the girls had their pajamas on and we said, "let's get in the car and go look at Christmas lights"!  Nora said, "In the car?  With our pajamas on?  In the dark?"  She couldn't believe we would do such a crazy thing!  They had so much fun that they didn't want to go home!

The day before we left for LA, Lila and I were at the bank depositing funds that were so kindly raised for her from the Goddard School (Denise and Holly held an amazing week of fundraisers and raised over $3000 for Lila's therapy session!!!  We can't thank them enough!).  As I was filling out the deposit slip, Lila began talking to this man next to us.  I finished up and got in line, while she completed her conversation.  As we were leaving the bank, this man had stuck around and was asking me a lot of questions about Lila (which I love, by the way...I would like to educate people about her, rather than address uncomfortable stares :-)).  He then asked what she wanted for Christmas, so she told him, and as he was just about to walk away, he said, "I don't want to offend you but please take this and get her whatever she wants for Christmas", handing me $100!  WHAT????  I was shocked; You cold tell that there was something pulling him to do this, and he wasn't going to take it back.  I tried, but he felt compelled.  So, as we are trying to simplify and purge items in our house, we decided to use it in offering her a new experience.  Lila got to go to an amusement park for the first time ever!  She had a blast!  We took the girls to Knotts Berry Farm the weekend before she started therapy...see below....







The first day of therapy was great, as we walked in to find these two families that we have spent time with in the past, of whom we love and enjoy spending time with.  This week of therapy was the week of New Years, so we shared time with all of them on New Years Eve.  Sure was a pleasure, and the girls were able to spend time with Bridget's little girl, Sarah.  She kindly shared her handheld electronic devices, and our kids were in heaven :-)


 Happy New Year!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment